The Kingship Trophy is an award given to the team with the best record in terms of (W-L-OT) measured in points achieved per season. Currently, the holder of the trophy is the Citadel Centurions.
In cases of teams with a tie (for example, both teams have 100 points), the amount of wins will settle the difference, and if not this, then the amount of goals scored will settle it. If that doesn't work, then the differential accounts for this.
- 2004-2005 Season: Team X (46-24-0) with 92 points (1)
- 2005-2006 Season: Ultimate Royals (45-21-4) with 94 points (1)
- 2006-2007 Season: Team X (50-20-0) with 100 points (2)
- 2007-2008 Season: Ultimate Royals (40-22-8) with 88 points (2)
- 2008-2009 Season: Orange Orators (47-21-2) with 96 points (1)
- 2009-2010 Season: Team X (60-10-0) with 120 points (3)
- 2010-2011 Season: Astral Aeroes (48-20-2) with 98 points (1)
- 2011-2012 Season: Team Daiku (53-17-0) with 106 points (1)
- 2012-2013 Season: Red Nukes (47-20-3) with 97 points (1)
- 2013-2014 Season: Astral Aeroes (52-14-4) with 108 points (2)
- 2014-2015 Season: Team X (57-11-2) with 116 points (4)
- 2015-2016 Season: Citadel Centurions (51-16-3) with 105 points (1)
- 2016-2017 Season: Scarlet Saviors (52-12-6) with 110 points (1)
- For the first five seasons, the winners of the Kingship Trophy also won the SHL Cup. This stopped during the 2010-2011 Season, where the Astral Aeroes won, but the Mountain Flyers won the cup that year. This trend continued until the 2013-2014 Season, where Astral won the cup, and Team X the following year. In the 2015-2016 Season, the Citadel Centurions lost to the runner-ups, the Black Blades.
- Only two teams who have won the Kingship Trophy with over 100 points have won the SHL Cup - Team X who did it three times, and the Astral Aeroes who did it once.
- The lowest points for the Kingship Trophy that won the SHL Cup were the 07-08 Ultimate Royals with 88 points.
- Every year that Team X, Ultimate, or Orange won the Kingship trophy they won the SHL Cup.